Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What have the Kids and I Been Doing

Friday the carpets were cleaned. Hip hip hooray. But then I wasn't thinking and said I could do the weekend babysitting swap. The carpet guy didn't finish until 5 PM and then kids came at 6 PM. I was a little witchy about staying off the carpets, but I think it turned out okay and the children were not too scared.

Saturday our family volunteered for a "Helping Hands" project at a place called the Riperian Preserve. Brian drove a truck hauling off tumbleweeds and debris from all the groups that were scattered from our ward. This debris was not nice to him and he has plenty of scratches to prove he was working and not just eating doughnuts and driving in an air conditioned vehicle. The girls and I did some weed cleaning up in the Mars landing area (an area that is to simulate Mars for robotic vehicles to drive on). Okay I just raked the weeds into piles that other people had to really use some elbow grease and shovels to get up and the girls mostly chased lady bugs and picked flowers. Macy did help place one or two rocks to seperate Earth and Mars.

Today we went to Brian's work to take him to lunch at Wildflower Bread Company and to see what items I might like to purchase that were used in model homes. I hope we win the bids on a couple of these items.

All month long I have been working on bids for re-painting walls and fixing a wall in our HOA. Yesterday and today have really made me wish I had not signed up for the HOA board, but it is good for me. I have been trying to get the bids as uniform as possible, but sometimes I don't know how to ask the questions the right way or I get worried that I might not get all the pertinent information and will make a mistake. I have probably spent way too much time (more than necessary) and that is why I sometimes wish I hadn't volunteered. There are so many other things I would rather be doing and my house wouldn't fall apart.

1 comment:

Kenningtons said...

I can't believe all you are doing so close to your due date! Way to go!! No wonder you are in such good shape!!! I check your blog all the time to see if there is a new addition to your family. When you haven't blogged for a few days I think maybe it's because you are catching up on sleep from having a baby!!

Where is this place you wrote about getting bids of items from model homes. We got rid of almost all of our furniture and we have NO furniture for KG so I want to get decent stuff at a reasonable price. Will you let me know the name of it? Thanks, Annie!!