Thursday, March 12, 2009

New flip flops

*PS I wrote this back on March 12 and I didn't post it because I wanted to take a picture of the flip flops. Then once I did that I forgot to add the picture and publish this.

Yesterday was a big exciting day for everyone. The girls and I went to the park with some friends to enjoy the weather and then it was off to the Disney Store for new flip-flops. The girls had specific requests and so this had to be the store of choice. There was only one stipulation to the new sandals: all other flip-flops had to be thrown away when we got home. I was tired of seeing the grimy sandals and I swear it contributed to their dirty feet (most of the dirt comes from running outside barefoot). Some of the shoes were 2 years old. I am also getting me carpets cleaned tomorrow and so I wanted to start fresh.



Anyone who saw this in real life can attest to their grossness.

One pair was Macy's favorite. Right before bed she burst into tears and went crying to dad. No one could figure out what was wrong. Finally she spit it out. She didn't want to throw away her heart flip-flops. I don't know what Brian said to her, but he managed to console her and there hasn't been a problem since.

The best part about these shoes is that they were 2 for $8. Almost as cheap as Old Navy, but we now have Sleeping Beauty (or Aurora) flip-flops and lots of princess' flip-flops.

No comments: