Monday, March 9, 2009

Life is wonderful (another long post)

So instead of getting rid of all the candy and treats I bought more. Partly because I took my husband shopping with me. But oh well the chocolate covered pretzels and dark chocolate cherries taste really, really good.

So why is life wonderful? Because Brian's company offered to let him stay if he would take a new position with them. They have been doing better than expected for the last 3 months (sold more homes than predicted) so corporate said that they could keep one more person and they chose Brian. It isn't exactly what he wants and he had to take a small pay cut. It was a difficult choice because we were all set to try our hardest to get back home and the thought of getting out from under our home (even if it was difficult) were very tempting and obviously the home industry isn't stable yet. However, we feel like this is Heavenly Father's will for the time being and I am happy to stay around some of my many good friends. I am not looking forward to the summer, but I am looking forward to swimming. We truly have been blessed to not have had to go through any time of unemployment and it has helped us see and feel what many others are going through at this time.

Life is good because it cooled back down to the 70s. A recommendation to women who live or may live in Phoenix, AZ: do not have children anytime in the summer or in the fall. I feel for you poor women because for a brief time I experienced a taste of what you go through (mostly at night). I could handle the days but it wasn't cooling off enough at night. It was miserable because I couldn't sleep and when I did I would wake up sweating. I had to turn on the air conditioner. The problem was that it was just cool enough that the air conditioner only had to come on when I turned it down. So the fan remained on all night and Brian had to sleep with a blanket and a comforter for a couple of nights. I couldn't let him near me because his body produces way too much heat and he tends to move closer to me as he sleeps. One night I finally moved to the leather couch. Since we have cooled off I am getting much better sleep.

Last Wednesday baby boy got a room makeover. His room had been pink and yellow and since we are staying it had to go. One of the walls had big stripes and it was slightly sad to paint over all that hard work, but I am over it. Because my friend Kenlynne came over and helped the room was completed in a day. She is a perfect example of reaching out. The Sunday before she overheard me say that I was going to paint on Wednesday. She looks at me and says I have nothing to do that day and I can paint. Let me help you. At first I hesitated because I can be stubborn, but then I thought it was stupid to pass up help and I need to learn to accept service from others so they can have a chance to serve. What a great day it was to have her over and I will be forever in her debt because I thought it would take me all week; Tuesday - wash walls and tape, Wednesday - prime, Friday - paint color, Saturday - touch up. She was so quick, I was able to get rid of my kids most of the day and I did a wonderful job of taping so that afternoon everything completed. However, baby still has no name. We are thinking Carter Alan, Ethan Dee, or Jackson Alan so at least we have something.

The best news is 3 weeks and 3 days before mister arrives. I am all scheduled to be induced and I am counting down the days. I know he needs another week at least to be completely ready (and myself needs two weeks to get everything done because I am not ready), but there is a part of me that would love to be done with the pregnancy. I get to this point and my impatience shines. I know I need to live in the now, but I am ready to move on to the future. I just want my body back. I don't have terrible pregnancy, in fact compared to most they are super easy. But I have my complaints. I have the slight swelling going on. You wouldn't be able to tell, but I can see that my ankles are not as skinny especially at night. I have been craving diet coke for some reason. I would take a coke or Dr. Pepper too, but I don't need the extra calories. He has been finding 2 of my nerves that run down the inside of leg and he likes to play with those. I can't bend anymore and my pants don't stay up and my under garments slip off my belly so I feel draft sometimes. The good news is that 2 weeks ago at my doctors appointment the scale said I had lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks (must be from being sick). I felt so bad that for the next 2 weeks my body helped out and added 3 pounds. I like to be helpful. My last complaint is my hips when I wake up. I am tired of sleeping on my sides and my hips are letting it be known. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to roll over. Like I said these are minor things, but they do bother me and I want to remember so I can tell my girls when they are at this point in their life. I have been blessed to be able to exercise still. I can't jog everyday, but I can get some kind of cardio in and weight lifting. For some reason with this pregnancy my heart rate kept getting too high when I ran (with Macy and Kelsey I was able to jog the entire time). This started a couple of months ago. So I had to slow it down and I alternate between walking, jogging, elliptical and stair climber. If it is a good day I can jog and makes me excited to be able to get back to working hard (I am not always excited for this so that is good that I want to get back).

8 comments:

Emily said...

That's great about the job offer! They were crazy to want to let him go in the first place!

ashley said...

yea!! I am so happy for you guys. That's great about Brian. Tell him congrats for me. As for the name I weigh in with Carter Alan. Jackson Alan is really alan Jackson the country guy.

Nikole said...

I'm so glad Brian is keeping his job. What a blessing. I'm happy for you that baby boy is almost here! And I am so impressed with your exercise routine while pregnant. Way to go!

Ashley said...

That is fabulous about Brian!!! I am so relieved--you were right about staying calm and everything working out. Hang in there--the end of pregnancy is so brutal. Funny that you aren't considering "Ethan Alan" . . . but I think I know why.

P.S. Eat all the chocolate now! Live! Live!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats to Brian...what a relief! I want to see pictures. Pregnant women are so adorable :)

Meg said...

Wow congrats on the job! That is great. I agree with Ashley on the names not Jackson Alan I like Ethan. Finally, what are you doing exercising? Are you crazy? Not exercising is the biggest perk for being prego. Anyway I am glad to hear that you are on the final count down.

Lacey said...

I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left in your pregnancy! CRAZY how fast it goes when you AREN'T the one pregnant!!

Annie K said...

Sorry Lisa, I don't do pregnancy photos. I usually take one before going to the hospital, if that one is good I will post it.