As a mother you realize something is wrong when 10 minutes after dinner your kids ask for a treat. You tell them "no" because we just ate dinner and in your mind you think that you want to teach them that you don't always need a treat after a meal. What makes it worse is when right after you tell them no you go into your bedroom and pop in 3 thin mint cookies into your mouth and are already thinking about the ice cream and hot fudge purchased last night.
I am a total hypocrite. I stopped eating because I felt satisfied and close to full. Somehow I myself have become so trained to want sugar all the time. I sure hope these girls don't pick up their mom's bad habits like sneaking treats after each meal and through out the day. Maybe after the baby comes I will purge my house of any treats. I should start tomorrow, but I don't want to throw out all the treats because I still want to eat them. Maybe I will stop buying treats from this day forward and will finish off whatever is left until all is gone.
9 years ago

3 comments:
Annie you make us laugh!! Thats for saying it how it is!!
I say the same thing almost daily. But does it happen? No way! Because I know there are going to be those days when I just need to have that chocolate, or I get a craving for some black cherry kool aid. So what I do is get my favorite candies in their mini form and then when I have one I don't feel too bad. Well, except when I consume five of them without knowing it!
I am so guilty as well. If those darn thin mints didn't taste so good! It's totally not your fault.
Post a Comment