9 years ago
Thursday, October 16, 2008
News Flash
I just saw a gas station with prices below $3. Of course it was $2.99 and 9/10ths so pretty much 3, but I saw a 2. What is with the 9/10ths? Is it so that it is easier to calculate the gallons more precisely or is it someone mind trick for the little folk? In no other industry could you get away with charging a percentage. Can you imagine going to the counter of a clothing store and the total is $31.07 and 1/2. Would you round up or down? What do you do when you go to the gas station and somehow magically hit exactly 1 gal? Do you ask for a 1/10th credit? Weird!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yep, it's wierd...but who cares? At least it's going down! Hooray! :) One good piece of financial news is always nice.
I filled my tank at Costco yesterday for 2.99- I was doing the happy dance the whole time thinking of all the money we are saving now that gas prices are going down-hopefully everyone doesn't go overboard and make the gas prices go back up! It's all about supply and demand!
I just paid 2.77 for gas last night. I was so excited. It is so nice to see it below $3
Post a Comment