A couple of weeks ago I lied in church to a friend and this was no white lie. Does it count that I had a good excuse? During Sunday School I had to get up and leave in the middle of the lesson because of a bad stomach pain. I went and used the restroom and one the way back I saw a friend in the hall. I mentioned to her that I was debating about returning because I didn't want to have to walk in front of all those people again. She asked if I was pregnant because that is why women usually have to use the bathroom so often and would have to leave in the middle of class instead of waiting until the end. I laughed and said no it was because I forgot to go before class when my kids went and I really had go. That was my lie (I was able to come up with that on the spot, how bad is that?). I am pregnant, but I hadn't told any family yet and felt bad for letting it leak before I told my mom. I also worry about miscarriage. I don't want to have to tell everyone the sad news. Brian thinks I am funny for waiting so long before sharing the news.
Who knows why I had a bad stomach pain that day. I might have been sick with a little virus (Brian was sick for a week) or it could have been the slowing of my digestive system because of the pregnancy and it being my third. The body starts to remember more quickly with each child.
To some this third child just proves that Macy is the boss of our home. Ever since July she has been commenting about how small our family is and that she needs another brother or sister. In Utah she comes up to me and says "we need a boy baby" right in front of everyone. Sometimes she counts each member (which totals 4) and says we need more kids, sometimes she is specific and says we need 2 boys because we only have one boy and three girls. These moments have not been rare. To calm any fears out there, we are in control of the family. I think she is just a little more in touch with the pre-mortal and knew someone would be coming soon. I think she also was the answer to tell us that we had made the correct decision. Of course I might have to put my foot down if she says something about 12 kids.
When asked what the girls want, a boy or a girl, Kelsey says "a princess baby" and Macy says a boy because of the logistics of everything being even. We will see how in tune she really is.
For those wanting to know the details: I am 13 1/2 weeks along, so just starting the second trimester. The due date is April 10th, right before Macy's birthday. She won't let us forget that. Because of this she thinks her birthday is almost here.
9 years ago

17 comments:
Congrats that is awesome!
YAY! Congrats! You are so low key, it is funny. That is big news and fabulous! It is always awkward talking about pregnancy when you are in the early stages of it--trying to be discreet and not lie. I hope you are feeling good!
Congratulations! So exciting!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! 3 kids is busy, but so fun!
Annie that is so wonderful! Congratulations :)
Congrats, Annie! I think you will be forgiven for that little white lie...I think the commandment is "Thou shalt not bear false witness (except when trying to keep pregnancy a secret)." I am excited for you. I can't believe most of my friends have at least 2 kids and many have three. How did we get so old? :)
Oh My Gosh! Congratulations! I'll see you before you read this post but I still wanted to comment! How exciting!
So happy for you guys!
Congrats! It has been fun for all of us (especially for the first two) to welcome our 'P' to the family. How are you feeling?
-Meg
WOW Annie that is GREAT! I just saw you tonight and had no idea...I think a little boy would be so fun! But you can never have too many girls :) Congrats!
That is so exciting--congrats Annie! Having 3 girls is the best. I love it so much, but a little boy would be great too. You can't go wrong.
Sorry, I didnt say anything when you babysat my kids, but I was actually able to read your blog for the 1st time in a couple of days. Computer keeps freezing up for some reason. Anyway, Congratulations! I'm happy for you!
Congratulations!!! I was just thinking today that I remember reading a post of yours a while back where you thought two (kids) might be the magical number for your family and I was wondering if you were still going with that. HA!HA! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congratulations!!
I am way excited for you! Three seems like a BIG leap but it hasn't been that bad for us...so far. Plus Macy is in school so it will just seem like two kids again right? I hope for your sake it's a boy. We just have one sex in our family. I am still debating whether or not I agree with that or if I should press my luck and try for a girl? Maybe in a few years. Until then good luck with you and yours!
Congratulations! Grandma K told me about your pregnancy. You and Jana announced at about the same time and are due within a few weeks of each other. That is SO EXCITING! Wow - our family is growing. Aunt Becky
Congrats! That is so exciting- I hope for Macy's sake it's a boy too!
Congrats! I am so excited for you. It was fun talking to you the other day. I miss working with you and all the funny stories you have. I hope I get to see you next time you are here
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I really don't understand why some people think it is ok to ask that question. If you want somebody to know, you tell them on your own terms!
Post a Comment