Monday, December 17, 2007

The weekend


We had a good weekend. No one was sick. Luckily no one caught Brian's illness from the previous weekend.

Friday night we made it to see the temple lights. I made the girls take a nap that day with threats of not going. I wasn't excited to follow through with this threat, but I also didn't want to take grouchy children. I am happy to say they both napped and it was a pleasant evening that ended with hot chocolate and marshmallows at home. Macy and Kelsey were thrilled with new mittens and Macy had to wear 2 jackets because we don't have a big winter coat for her. Macy also wanted to have her picture taken by every bush on the premises. We tried to see the exhibit of nativities from around the world, but as soon as we made it into the room Macy had to go to the bathroom and we didn't want to wait in line again.

Saturday was our ward Christmas party. Again there was the threat of not going if children did not nap. Again they pulled through for us and everyone was able to go. The activities committee did a wonderful job. They really wanted to make it a community event so everyone within the ward boundaries were given an invitation. There was tastings from all over the world. A family who has lived in Japan brought Sushi, pot stickers, and spring rolls, there were Italian meatballs, some Mexican appetizers, and cream puffs and these cheese/ham rolls (not sure of the nationality). Guests were invited to display their nativities. Then there was a wonderful Christmas program that was really entertaining.

Saturday night Macy and Kelsey didn't go to sleep until after 11 PM. There is a chance that Brian and I were asleep before them. They were up by 7:30 on Sunday. Sunday night they decided it would be another late night. Again they were up until 11 PM and Brian and I may have gone to sleep before them. However, Monday morning I had to wake them at 8:15 because I had to be somewhere. Of course the morning they sleep in and we have an appointment.

No comments: