The train did end up in a wreck within a few days of arriving home. Macy was very upset that dad (I threw all the blame towards him) kept eating the train. Everyday she notices big chunks missing and says he is going to be in big trouble.
At posting time only the mid-section of the train is left and that is because it is not anyones favorite candy.
The kids and I also did gingerbread houses. This has been a tradition for me ever since my freshman year of college at Dixie College. I love to make my own cookie because I am a firm believer in eating the house. That is the whole reason for the house and store bought ones taste awful (trust me on this). I also love the smell when you bake it. My Grandma Lue gave me a gingerbread mold last year after Christmas and it was wonderful. No more mis-matched walls and fancy architecture work. I did 2 houses this year because the plan was to let each girl have a house and a parent to help. That fell through so instead a couple of Macy's friends were over and I let the 3 of them go to town on one house and I took the other. Kelsey was more interested in eating the cereal than putting any on the house. Because I had my own house I was able to comfortably let the kids have complete control over their house.
Here is Josh, Jesse and Macy's house:
Here is my house:
Here is my house again less than 24 hours after completion. Brian came home from work and the chimney disappeared along with portions of the fence and brick work.

Tonight I plowed through my Christmas cards and hope to get them in the mail soon. This year I have had writers block and a lack of desire to do them. I have put them off and put them off and decided I couldn't put them off any longer. I love to receive and read Christmas cards so I felt like I should continue with mine.
Well it is off to the couch for me. Brian is really under the weather tonight and I don't really want to catch whatever it is. Kelsey has been sick too. She had a fever last night and today, but it doesn't appear to be the same thing as Brian's (Thank goodness) Please cross your fingers for me that Macy and I can steer clear of whatever those 2 have.



5 comments:
The candy train looks so fun. We wish we could have been there with everyone!! The gingerbread house is amazing!!! I am very impressed that you made it from scratch.
I should get your gingerbread recipe! I have been trying to cook gingerbread for houses we are making tomorrow and it has not been turning out, though it does taste good. I have also been thinking of you because I remember going to your mom's house with Matt Sealander for a big gingerbread house party sometime during college. Fun fun fun! And I have also been delaying the Christmas cards. I'm jealous yours are done!
I don't remember you making a gingerbread house at Dixie! Where was I? Did I help? Your house is adorable, as is your train.
Those look delicious! I can't remember the last time I made one of those, Now I want to :)
I too want that Gingerbread Recipe. This is a tradition I definitely want to start! I love your house and that Brian keeps eating it...classic :)
Post a Comment