Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tidbits of the week

Rain, rain and more rain. Do I really live in Phoenix? Yesterday it rained as if we lived in a wetter part of the United States. It rained for at least 8 hours straight. It wasn't the monsoon down pour either. It was a light, steady rain. This morning my pool's water level was at least an inch higher. Today it was cloudy for 1/2 the day and we had some more rain, but it was more typical of the desert. It was a lot of water in a matter of 10 minutes and then the sun came out.

Another odd thing that happened the other night happened when I was driving home at night. I was on a main road near my home and I saw two animals crossing the street in my headlights. At first I thought they were cats, but as the second crossed I noticed that they were too large to be cats and so I thought dogs. As I got closer the second animal looked at me and his yellow eyes glistened in the light and I realized that they were coyotes. Yes, coyotes. I was shocked because I don't live in the middle of no where. I live in a big city suburb and we are not that rural. There is some open land where they were crossing but across the field was a subdivision. Luckily it wasn't mine, but it was only a mile from my home. Crazy. Hope the little dogs were inside that night.

My last announcement is that I am done with my Christmas shopping. Okay I have 2 items left; slippers for Brian and candy for the stockings. It is the greatest feeling. I can't wait to wrap them. I feel very organized this season, so I seem to be enjoying it a little bit more. Besides wrapping I need to finish my Christmas cards and a homemade gifts and then I can put my feet up, sip my hot cocoa, and read my book. Ho, Ho, Ho.

2 comments:

AMBER said...

WOW I wish I was that ready for christmas! I have a lot of shopping to do.

Gretchen Edwards said...

You are supre mom!! I can't believe how much you get done!

When we decorated our tree I found the star you gave us last year. Awww you are a memory on our tree!! =)