Do you ever feel like you get the short end of the stick lately? I do every time I want to buy ice cream and my favorite kind is now 1.5 quarts instead of 1.75 quarts and I still pay the same amount. I am trying to boycott my favorite ice cream to show them who is boss, but I have tried 2 store brands and they just don't compare.
Gas is this way too. So crude oil is down in the $39 a barrel range and yet the prices at the gas pump are slightly inching their way up. I thought that the reason gas prices last year were $4 was because crude was above the $100 to almost the $150 mark. What gives?
How about the Wendy's value menu? The five piece chicken nuggets are not a $1 anymore they are $1.19 unless you are in the airport then you pay $1.29.
Stamps seem to be the same way. Every time I turn around there is another 2 cent increase so I have to buy special stamps. Okay I will splurge here and just stick on two $..44 stamps because I don't want to run to the post office, but I am paying for my laziness.
My latest grief came when I opened my box of girl scout cookies. Maybe my mind has been tainted but I swear there are less thin mint cookies this year (I didn't get a chance to purchase any last year so maybe that is when the number decreased). Even looking at the box and my mind seems to think that it too is smaller. I like helping out the girl scouts and my taste buds, but my pocketbook doesn't like it too much.
Oh what is my world coming too. I guess I will go console myself with my girl scout cookies.
9 years ago

3 comments:
I felt the same way about my girl scout cookies. I swear when I was a kid the thin mint box had twice as many cookies and they were cheaper!
I haven't had Girl Scout cookies for years! Mmm, that sounds so yummy.
Nikole, you really haven't had girl scout cookies in years? You keep amazing me.
Post a Comment