Friday, February 13, 2009

Magical moments

Since the last post wasn't uplifting I am going to bury it with others that I wanted to do earlier this week.

Monday the girls and I had to go to Costco for a few things. We all had ice cream after (I said it was the early FHE treat). I couldn't help but smile when Kelsey asked me if her face was messy and turned around in the car to see a big grin on her face. I gave her a napkin and said it was. So then she wiped off her lips and then asked me again with a big grin. She had missed almost all the ice cream because it was all over above and below her lips. These are the special moments when I take the time to realize them.

That same day I dropped something off to a friend's house. The friend's five year old daughter came to the door with her. My friend was telling me how nice and good I looked for being pregnant. Her daughter responded after with, "You look huge!"

I must have had a different spirit about me that day because the next event took place on Monday too. We were at home and I was preparing dinner. We had turned on the TV and GAC (Great American Country channel). It was music videos so Macy had to run and get a microphone. She tried to do some karaoke, but it was mostly just syllables trying to mimic the voices. It was so cute. She was oblivious to me and in her own world. When a commercial would come on she would ask me to get the next song. She is growing up in a DVR world. The whole thing just made me smile.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I am so glad you didn't use any names:)! I still think you look great! Lindsay also told me in the store once, "Mom, that man is fat, he needs to go on the biggest loser!" Maybe we should limit the tv viewing of that youngest child!