Today didn't start off so well. Macy woke up in her drama state. I wasn't sure if she was sick or in a bad mood. It took me an hour to get just her dressed and ready for school, but she went so I figured that she wasn't sick. From a comment of hers I thought the melodrama was because she wanted the middle seat and today was Elodie's turn (her friend we carpool with). But that was not the only reason for the drama. She came home and climbed into bed. I thought great, I am a terrible mother because I sent my child to school sick. Well Kelsey had a little friend over and they made sure she wasn't asleep. So Macy sat on the couch and watched movies for an hour. She finally used some words and said her head hurt (the biggest problem to getting to the root of things is that she doesn't use words to tell me what is wrong) . I pulled out the ibuprofen and whalla! She was normal.
Right before dinner the moaning was back. Macy ate something, so I am still not sure how sick she is. The good thing, no throwing up. So our plans for the evening remained the same. The family went to the lights at the temple. (I am getting spoiled. I don't think I can go to Temple Square in the winter again.) Of course I took the camera but no pictures were taken because we had the 2 happiest children there. They were not crying or bad, just not extremely warm and pleasant. The reasons: Macy was under the weather (but still wanted to see the lights) and neither of them napped. Kelsey took a 10 minute one on the way to the temple, but I don't think that counts.
Well now it is 8 PM and I have one crying in bed about her fingernail hurting (Kelsey) and the other that just spoke up to complain her tummy really hurts (I believe she is asleep now). I gave Macy a bucket and wished her luck (I did pat her head and tuck her in, all that I really could do) and told Kelsey I see nothing wrong with her nail. Honestly there is nothing on Kelsey's finger to indicate a problem except that she didn't want to go to bed.
As I finish this they have both fallen into a peaceful sleep, for now. So it is hot chocolate for me to gear up for a long night.
9 years ago

1 comment:
The joys of both motherhood and life with girls! hope your weekend is better!
Post a Comment