Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hair, Hair. It's Every Where!

Today I finally convinced Kelsey to get her hair cut. Her hair was getting so long. It was pretty but it had been in the hands of amateurs several times and because it was getting long it was harder to comb through in the mornings. So I have been working on her for a couple of weeks now. Today she agreed and I called up a kids specialty place called Lollilocks at 9:30 AM and made the appointment for 9:50 AM. When we got there she had changed her mind and was hesitant to go in. They had fun little chairs that we coaxed her into. It took her awhile to make up her mind which on was best and kept moving seats, but finally we got her settled. That is until the girl brought out the drape. She saw that and slid right out of the seat and I thought she was going to run right out the door. So again after more coaxing we got her back in the seat and put away the drape. I could clean her up after. She didn't smile or say a word the entire visit. She was very good and held quite still for a 2 year old almost 3. She kept her focus toward the movie that was playing, Enchanted. I had the gal cut 2 inches off because who knows when I will get her back in to a hair salon. So after $20 (not sure if it was worth it), a lollipop, and a bag of skittles the girl had a cute hair cute and an even cuter style with glitter hairspray.


Doesn't she just look thrilled in this picture?

I too have a hair story, but mine might be much sadder. I might have to be pulling out the Loreal hair coloring kit soon. I have found 2 grey hairs on my head. The first keeps showing up right around the widows peak area. I have plucked it several times when it is about a 1/2 inch long and I finally see the little bugger. I found the second hair the other night. It was more towards the top back part of my head. The bright spot in this find was that the first 1 1/2 inches was grey but the last inch (the side closest to the scalp) was my natural color. What this means I don't know? Maybe it says that I am an indecisive person and my hair is too. It thought about going grey, but decided to let me keep my youth since I am not even over 30!

2 comments:

Carri said...

Kelsey looks so cute. I found my first gray hairs many years ago. It was sad, especially since Julia was only like 4 months old. Now, I'm just happy that Brandon has more than I do (at least he would he if grew his hair out--I can see it when it's time for a buzz). It sucks to get old(er).

Kenningtons said...

Cute cut!!! Bad news about the gray hair!! I'm sure I have some as well but I can't see past the bags under my eyes to even care....yet!