Last week as I was preparing lunches I caught a whiff of a fermenting type of smell. The girls could too. Kelsey thought it smelled really good. I looked all over in the fridge and pantry to see what might be rotting. I found nothing. I smelled the jelly and it smelled like grape jelly. There was nothing I could see. Over the next day or two I would catch whiffs of the same smell. I still found nothing. Then Kelsey comes home and says to me "You know that smell, I could taste it on my sandwich today. It was so good. It was the best sandwich. I want PB and jelly everyday." I didn't think too much on this because I had already checked out the jelly and PB wouldn't smell that way and I have smelled moldy bread before. Actually I thought I better keep her away from wines. The very next day I am making Braden a jelly sandwich and the smell comes back. I check out the jelly again and still a negative. Then the bread bag passed my nose. I opened it wide and took a good breath in. I found the culprit. It must have been a different type of mold because it was tiny white dots that blended in with the bread. Not sure how it got a different mold or why it went bad so fast. It was a fairly new loaf. All I know is Kelsey hopefully won't be getting the best sandwich ever again. But you never know it is the second time I have served her moldy bread and she never noticed.
Since I am on Kelsey stories here is a little insight into her personality. She is a shopper. She was upset the other day because she didn't get to go to the outlets with me, really upset. I had to pacify her with the promise to take her shopping for winter clothes when it gets cooler. I have been on 2 other clothes shopping trips in which I came home with bags. After the first trip it killed her that I wouldn't let her look at all the shoes purchased. I had a pair of shoes in the bags for her that I wanted to surprise her with (and I hadn't decided to keep them because she didn't really need them). She bugged me incessantly for hours to look at all the shoes (I had purchased way too many). I finally got tired of it and let her look. It was like Christmas for her even though only one pair was for her. She was so happy just looking. After the second trip I had the bags in the car when I picked her up. As soon as she was buckled she was grabbing and tearing open the sacks to see what new clothes I had. Again she was as happy as if it were Christmas morning. I think I might be in trouble in the near future. I hope she is ready to work to earn her spending money.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment