When I picked Kelsey and her friends up from school, each was carrying a large dinosaur valentine box, a valentine gift for their moms, and a can of pop valentine. I am sure we were a sight as I walked three kids and a toddler to the parking lot in front. Braden enjoyed his freedom from my hand so much that he took off running all over the dead grass. Then he laid down on the icky lawn to bask in the glow of the sun. Yes the sun and warmth has come to tease us a bit yesterday and today. It was around 55 degrees. The whole way home Kelsey and her little friend Kristina kept saying "this is the bestest day ever."
![]() |
| The Kelseyosaurus pet valentine box. That was the best face she would give me for the picture. |
Now that is not all, oh no that is not all. Dad gave the girls mini-potted roses and all three of the kids balloons. Earlier in the month the girls received a new valentine shirt (picked up on sale after Christmas for $2) and a Valentine book each. The books I picked up a couple of years ago after the holiday at half price. My intention was to give the books the following year so I tucked them in the holiday box. Well the next year I was too lazy to put of Valentine decorations and so they were forgotten. Last year the Valentine decor did not go up because we were in a basement and again I was too lazy to go to the storage unit to dig out the box. So the books re-surfaced this year. Macy's book is Love Ruby Valentine and Kelsey's is very appropriate to her Roses are Red Your Feet Really Stink. In case you don't know, one of Kelsey's favorite things to do is make people smell her stinky feet. I must have seen the future when I bought that book.
And here is why I need to have a formal dining room (and I do right now but we didn't use it last night).
I made a fancy dinner of filet mignon, real mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and that tomato/basil/mozzarella/balsamic vinegar dish. This was the mess that was created in the wake of that preparation. Brian says I do a fantastic job of destroying the kitchen as I cook. Sometimes the aftermath leaves me wondering why I cook. It is so disheartening to walk into the kitchen after eating.
That ends our fun filled day.



No comments:
Post a Comment