Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Not my Best Week

So last week, not the greatest week. The closing of our house had to be pushed back to the end of this month because of loan issues for the buyer. Then my car, my new car, was hit on Saturday night. Everyone was okay. The kids were shaken up the first five minutes and then it was cool and they wanted to get out in the street to see the missing bumper. It wasn't my fault and the car is still drivable. It is in the shop now to get fixed. The bumper was torn off, my rear driver's side tire was flatten, the running board smashed and my doors dented. The lady was turning right and missed her two lanes of traffic and went into the middle lane but her angle was not straight and so she came into my lane and we collided. She was old. It was dark and somehow she missed her lanes completely. According to her insurance company she is not sure what happened. It was scary because I saw her pull out and see her coming my way but there nothing I could do because I had cars on the other side of me. As I saw it unfold I was just hoping she would realize and correct herself. The final kicker is someone accidentally took my brand new $200 (Brian says $100 but he bought it on sale) dress coat home with them from church. They must have mistaken it for theirs because I put theirs own at first and realized it wasn't mine. I just have to cross my fingers that they remember to bring it back some Sunday and I will have to check the racks each week.

2 comments:

carrs said...

so sorry to hear you had a bad week. I hope you get your coat back and the house goes through!

Kenningtons said...

One of my biggest fears since driving again is that I will be in an accident while KG is in the car with me. I hope everything works out with your house.