Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Lesson I Hope I Learn...

...but probably haven't. Don't buy the Costco size box of Oreos, even if it is more convenient than hitting another grocery store. Your rear-end will thank you.

Some how all the Oreos have disappeared and I have a feeling that I have eaten the majority. Okay, I know that I have. I don't share and I never let my kids know that I am eating them. I have the box hidden in my extra food storage place (my armoire). I keep thinking that someone should have shot the person who created these tasty morsels, but then I would be extremely sad not to have them. I have always loved these cookies. In fact, when I was little my best friend's dad gave me a package of double-stuff for my birthday.

I keep telling myself they are almost gone and I should share to get rid of them. One problem with getting rid of them is that in a couple of weeks my thin mint girl scout cookies will arrive and I am just as bad with those. Brian told me to only order 2 boxes, but I couldn't help it and I ordered 3. What am I to do? Maybe eat just one more cookie.

8 comments:

Nikole said...

I say go on and eat 'em! If you can't eat Oreos when you're pregnant, when can you eat 'em? You can worry about your rear end later. :)

Lisa said...

Hilarious! I agree with Nikole...eat your merry little pregnant heart out :)

Gretchen Edwards said...

OREO's are my absolute FAV!!! I eat at least 5 a day! In fact I think I am going to go eat one right now!!! =)

Lacey said...

I"m not a huge fan of oreos...now homemade chocolate chip...my worst enemy!

About the post below...I'm sorry about your house, but is it okay to know you might be sticking around?

Lacey said...

I meant to say

"Is it okay for us to be HAPPY that you might be sticking around!"

Ashley said...

Oreos are the finest food on the planet. Seriously my number one fav and I don't buy them at all unless I'm ok with eating the whole bag in two days. Which I sometimes am. I hide them from Tyler because of the shame!

Meg said...

“O-O- Oreos!” (I think that is how the jingle went) I agree this Ashley I can only buy them when and I am peace with eating the whole package. When I kids ask where they are (they know I bought them because they saw them in the grocery cart) I lie and say that I gave them away. Oreos and Dr. Pepper keep me going!

Yvette said...

I love those too! In fact I cant leave any cookies alone when they are in the house. I'm there with you though I bought some keebler fudge covered graham cracker cookies for the kids lunches. I bet you cant guess who ate most of them. Argh!