Monday, May 28, 2007

Anniversarys

Last Thursday was my wedding anniversary. Some couples have set traditions for this special occasion. Brian and I seem to just go with it. Our first year of marriage we celebrated with friends at Lake Powell. The second year we took a cruise the week of our anniversary. The third year our daughter was a newborn so we booked parents as babysitters and went out to dinner at Tuscany. The fourth year Brian was interning in San Jose while I was in Utah working. I was able to fly out for the weekend and we stayed in Monterey for a little getaway. The fifth year we spent the actual day driving a moving truck to our new home. We did stay in a hotel that night, but only because of closing problems with the home. Actually, last year wasn't so bad. We had went on a cruise the week before with friends. This year we went to a really nice restaurant and then to a performance by Cirque de Soleil. Upon this reflection there appears to be no set tradition. If I had say one tradition that we use to celebrate our anniversary it might be vacationing. What traditions do you have? Who usually plans it?

On a final note, I would like to express my love to my husband. He is the most fantastic person. I am happy to claim him as my best friend. He is probably worried about what I am typing because I made him leave the room while I type this up. He is the adventurous type and likes to get out and see the world and I want to thank him for making me get out of my little house. If you ever need a trip planner or a deal finder he is the man. He is one of the smartest people I know and I can trust that he won't laugh at me when I am dead wrong (at least he won't laugh for long). He is a wonderful father. I haven't had to worry about leaving the kids with him for the day because he does his best to know what is going on with the kids. I really appreciate the breaks he gives me. There is so much more and I don't know if he will every read this, but at least you all know how lucky I am to have him. I love you Brian.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary! It is sweet to hear how much you love Brian. Our tradition is to write letters to each other. Other than that, it's whatever!