Tuesday, April 1, 2014

One Year Older and Wiser too

Braden was finally given a friend birthday party this year.  He had been dreaming of that day for a long time.  The anticipation almost killed him.  Luckily he lived to enjoy the special day.

The theme to the party was Super Mario Brothers.  I had some great themed games planned but the weather didn't cooperate.  I got flustered and forgot that the coolest game could be done inside so we skipped it.  I never really got back on track and I had a lot of time to spare when we had done everything.  Good thing it was five year old boys and they didn't care or notice.

The first game that didn't get played had the most prep work.  It was an obstacle course avoiding king boos (white helium balloons with faces), climbing through a pipe (our tent tunnels), hopping over piranha plants, stomping goombas (balloons with faces) and reaching the flag.  Of course I didn't take a picture either.
Some of the piranha plants.  The big one was for the obstacle course.

Then we had some Bowser dodgeball downstairs.  Brian was Bowser but we never got his costume on him.  The boys didn't care.

We did a scavenger hunt around the yard.  They were looking for yoshi eggs, bricks, mystery blocks, and coins.
This was one of the bricks they had to find. It contained 2 mushrooms.  The yoshi eggs were plastic easter eggs that we put white dots on.

I didn't want to do a pinata but it was a special request by Braden.  I am always worried someone will get whacked with the bat and that worried increased thinking about boys swinging the bat.  Watch out baseball teams!  Someone of these boys have a strong swing.  It is amazing the difference between the girls swinging at Macy's pinatas at 5 and 8 years of age compared to Braden's little friends.  The boys would have won.
Baseball here we come.

Then it was onto cake and ice cream.  Followed by presents.  To kill time they played with the little Mario characters they received in the favor bags.  Eventually they made their way outside to play with Braden's new stomp rocket.  Only one kid got it in the eye from impatient, not fully comprehending why to wait little boys.
Another attempt at cake decorating.

Some of his best buddies.  This one is with Trey. Dylan is also in the picture looking at a gift.

Braden and Zac

Cameron and Braden. Cameron is only 9 months older but a quite a bit taller.

I hope Braden had a good time.

From his family he received lots of legos, another wii remote and a baseball mitt.  He chose to go to dinner at Ihop when he went shopping with grandma and grandpa.  When he went shopping he chose a large r/c car and 2 small lego sets from the lego store.  Grandma Carol gave him clothes and another set of legos.

Happy Birthday little man!


No comments: