I love Brian and he is the greatest dad. The kids love him and they know he loves them. He takes time to play tickle monster, tag, basketball, Super Mario Brothers and even Just Dance. He has helped Macy on reports. He has helped all of them write talks for church. But reading books to the kids is not his thing nor is listening to them read.
He has been known to skip pages and lines when the girls were little. He wasn't thrilled when they had a book memorized or when they learned to read and they could catch him pulling this stunt. I have also heard him tell the girls to go pick out another story because the one they chose was too long.
Each night I listen to Kelsey read for 20 minutes. The other night this was not done before I had to leave to Young Womens so Brian was given the assignment. Braden wanted to play Super Mario Brothers with his dad that night too. So Brian multi-tasked. He told me he listened to Kelsey read while he played Super Mario Brothers with Braden. I can only imagine how well Kelsey was able to read, she gets easily locked on to the TV and video games, and how much of the story Brian heard, he too has a hard time focusing. In the end the task was completed and Braden knows his dad loves him.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment