Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Halloween

So I do know that in 3 days time it will be Thanksgiving but I had to share our Halloween pictures.  This year we had a ninja, vampire and a Hershey's kiss. Macy's costume was homemade because I suggested the costume idea thinking I could easily buy something like that. Her previous ideas were a little out there so I thought this would be perfect. I learned my lesson, always do an internet search before suggesting anything. I could only find adult Hershey kiss costumes or toddler sized costumes. She kindly offered to be something else like a sewing machine. I knew we wouldn't find a sewing machine costume so a kiss was a lot easier to make. It actually wasn't too bad (it took maybe 4 hours). It was perfect for her because it came off easily (she isn't in to wearing costumes for a long time) and it didn't require a lot of extra touches. I could have found a silver/grey shirt and she could have worn colored leggings but that is just not her so I didn't bother. And she was still happy with it.

I was also the hit of 2 classroom Halloween parties. I brought homemade slim (thanks Alacey for the the idea). The kids loved it, but they somehow managed to make a mess with the slim I intentionally made not as sticky. Maybe it was the way they dug their fingers into it or wrapped their hands in it or just all the hot little hands playing with it that made it really sticky and stringy by the end of the first party. I had to keep adding a little more borax solution during the second party so the damage was very minimal to the second classroom.

I couldn't get a picture with all the kids together. They were in too big of a hurry to be with friends and wouldn't stand together. Looking through the pictures I realized I didn't get a picture of Macy's painted pumpkin yet (it is still on the front porch).







Kelsey's pumpkin/mom's. She picked the design and mom did all the work.

Braden's pumpkin. Cleaned out by mom, designed by Braden, drawn by mom and carved by dad.

No comments: