We have also gotten out a bit. The weather hasn't been warm enough to swim but it has been decent enough to spend a little time outdoors.
One Saturday night we went on an extremely short hike to Lisa Falls. The length turned out to be a good thing because on the way back down one had to go to the bathroom and the other said she had to go to the bathroom. The later child only said that because she wanted to stop at a gas station and try to convince us of buying her some candy. The kids had a great time and keep asking when we are going to go hiking again.
We went to a butterfly launch. Macy's school class had 9 cocoons in the classroom at the end of the year. They never hatched in time to let them go during the school year so a couple days after school let out her teacher called and said it was time.
The best thing happened last week (maybe an exaggeration but it was a nice break for me). The girls went to a kids camp down the street. Our neighbors daughter and a friend put together 4 days of activities for kids ages 3-10. There was a craft day, carnival day, water day and sports day. The price was too good to be true for 3 hours a day. It was kind of a glorified play date that I did not have to set up. The kids loved it and I loved it. I heard they were going to do it again in July. I told them to sign me up.
Two weeks ago we went up the canyons for our first marshmallow roast of the year. The weather was great and the company was fun. We found out that we have scarred Braden. In the spring when we were in St George we went to a Japanese steakhouse and had them cook up dinner in front of us. Braden screamed and cried when the flames burst out in front of him. Well now he is deathly afraid of fire. He just clung to me and whimpered when we were anywhere near the campfire. Out in the trees he was fine but as soon as he came near the fire, it was back to the safety of mom.
Walking to the library was another way I killed some time and slid in some physical activity. The way there we took the neighborhood route to avoid the busy streets. But of course whole way I had to hear Macy tell me I was going the wrong way and that we would never make it to the library. It is bad enough that she is a back seat driver in the car at 7 years old but she is also a back seat walker. So on the way home I took the busy streets just to satisfy her, but then I had to hear from Kelsey that we were going the wrong way. I will never win.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment