I take Kelsey and her friends to school then it is off to the gym with Braden. When it is time for my run all treadmills were taken so I did more time on the elliptical. This was not a terrible blow to my day. The punch came when my cell phone rang 6 minutes into cardio. It was an FHA appraiser asking when the water will be turned on at a home I am trying to help my cousin buy. Settlement is supposed to be tomorrow but last night at 5 PM the underwriter gave us 4 more conditions to meet before she approved the loan. Last night it was still possible to meet the Friday deadline but it would take a lot of coordination. One of the conditions to meet was an appraiser needed to confirm that the water worked and to do that the water needed to be turned back on to the home. Well the loan officer said he would take care of that condition. Guess what the loan officer did not do. The water was still shut off and the appraiser couldn't perform his task. That meant quick work by me but now there is really no way to have settlement tomorrow. So to salvage things as best I could and ensure that settlement happens on Monday, I have to cut my workout short.
I get home to start working on the water problem. I go to wash my hands and no water comes out of my tap. Now I get to call my utility company for myself. There was a break and they hope to have the water back on sometime today. Of course today I didn't finish the breakfast dishes before the gym because I was on carpool. That also meant the counter was still a mess and food in the sink. I have no clean forks. There is no way to shower. On next months goal list is to get my food storage somewhat back to par. When we moved from AZ we dumped all of our water and have not filled it for various (at time logical sounding). I could just kick myself for not being on top of my food storage.
By this time, I need to be getting ready to pick up the kids. I decide to at least change from my gym clothes. I use the bathroom and right as I am finishing I hear my phone ringing. I know it is about the real estate deal (I had been waiting for someone to call me back). So I book it to my cell, not flushing because I have no water. I finish the call and go back to the bathroom to finish dressing. Guess who I find. Braden is standing in front of the pee filled toilet with a cup he has filled and extra toilet paper he has added. I try to wash his hands but there is no water and I have no food storage water.
This was not my best day and all this happened before 11:30 AM. I just hope the water comes on soon so I can shower before I have to go meet with people later on today.
The silver lining to all of this is: I did not get to use the treadmill so I am not as sweaty as I could have been. Because I spent more time on the elliptical I got to read more of my book (I can't run and read at the same time). I don't have to do the laundry today or mop my floors like I intended. There is nothing good about Braden playing in pee water.
Here are some happier pictures.
| Today we had an indoor picnic in the kitchen. Kelsey invited a friend over and they wanted a picnic. |
| Braden likes to walk around in women's shoes (at least it's not their underwear). |
| He listens to a lot of good music. |
| He has become a champ at utensils. |

2 comments:
Crap! That doesn't sound good at all. Here's the good news...tomorrow is bound to be better right? And pee water won't kill Braden...remember you can drink pee...it won't kill you....
Jake says if you would just put down the toilet seat you wouldn't have that problem. I thought a lady would now that.
I hope you used wipes to clean Braden. We have food storage water, luckily for Jake (as there was a main break while he was here taking tests.)
Post a Comment