Braden is the happiest boy. His first tooth came in last Wednesday without a word of complaint from him. It is one of his bottom teeth. The other is no where to be seen so he just might be a Jack-o-lantern for Halloween.
He loves to laugh. He just giggles when he looks at me. Do I really look that funny?
Last Thursday the girls where pretending to swim and dive on the couches. They were close to crossing the line of inappropriate play on the couch when they would "dive" into the water. I was folding clothes so I couldn't see everything but I kept warning them to not get to that point. Braden was no help to me cause. He was sitting in his exersaucer laughing hysterically at them as they "swam". The swimming made lots of noise and the flaying arms were quite a sight. I tried to tell him to quit egging them on. Of course it did no good, but they all had a good time. Later that night Stefanie came to watch the kids while we went to the University of Utah football game. Macy was so excited to show Stefanie how to make Braden laugh. When she tried the swimming act, Braden just stared at her. It made her a little mad. She told him that it was funny and he was supposed to laugh. Again he didn't listen.
Oh and he loves to scream usually for fun. It is a high pitched girl scream. In his defense he hears his sisters fighting and playing all day so why wouldn't he scream like them. Of course most babies if probably sound that way if they scream. He is not a quiet child and loves noise. This is presenting a problem in church. I had to leave my mother-in-law's Relief Society lesson because he was screaming as she talked. He won't suck on a pacifier for very long so I am foreseeing some problems at church. With the girls if they were babbling too loudly we just had to pop the binky in and the problem was solved.
He is also a TV watcher. If the TV is on he becomes glued. If I watch TV while feeding him, he will sometimes give up the bottle just so he can turn his head and watch. This is a good and bad quality. Macy never watched TV or movies until she was at least 2 1/2 and even then she only lasted 20 to 30 minutes. There were moments when I would just want to get a few things done and wished she would sit quietly watching a movie. I would try and it wouldn't work. Kelsey on the other hand was also a TV watcher from day one. She could watch movies all day long. The down side of a TV watcher is that as a mom I can fall into the trap of utilizing it too much. I can get a lot done but at what price.
9 years ago

1 comment:
Annie, I didn't know you had a blog. I found it thru Kristine's. Sounds like things are going well. I can't believe Braden is 5 months old! Where did time go?!? Miss seeing you guys here!
Post a Comment