Tuesday was Macy's first day of kindergarten. I was a little nervous about how the first day would go only because we had not been prepping for this day. She had not gone to bed before 9 PM since who knows when and she had not gotten up before 9 AM since that about that same time. School starts at 8:30 AM. The night before was no exception for this perfect parent. She went to bed at 9:30 PM and we forgot to do her homework she was given when she met her teacher (come on people we have been busy). To my surprise all went well. She was happy and excited. No case of the grumpies when I had to wake her up at 7:10. There was a little grumbling when I said she had to bathe or shower but that is usual. The child prefers a dirty body. We made it to school on time. Hallelujah! I told her to go line up with the other kids and she almost lost it and almost clung to my leg. Luckily I asked to go stand next another wall for a picture and she was fine. The bell rang and her teacher told all the kids to kiss their parents goodbye for awhile. Macy forgot that part. Instead she plowed her way to the door that led inside. I had to call her name a couple of times to get her to come back and give me a kiss.
After school she already showed signs of a typical student. She gave me no information about how it went on the first day. She told me that everything they did at school was in her backpack and I could look myself. Also everything went fine. The friends she sits by are Elodie and Maddie. A little deja vu to anyone from AZ. I think she misses her friends a bit and I don't think those are the names of the girls she sits by. Oh well. I have yet to find a way to get her to talk about her school day. Each day since has been just as much information. However, she did tell her grandparents a lot more. She had large stories to tell them. They were about a man that twisted his thumb off, shot stuff out of his head, pulled stuff out of his head and more. Finally grandpa figured out that a magician came to their class for the first day.
To be a good mom we have been doing homework day. All I can say is pray for me. Her first assignment was to decorate an outline of a person to look as closely as like her as possible. Well she wanted to give herself rainbow hair. Then she wanted green eyes (she has brown). Then she wanted really short hair. She grew an extra 2 toes and the legs turned red and blue when I wasn't looking. It was very difficult to reason with her to go with brown hair, brown eyes, and longer hair. Today we worked out of booklet. The first thing asked was to write her name. She said she didn't have too. It was her choice. Then she wanted me to write it. She cried about how her y's always look like x's (which they don't) and how she can't do it. After about 5 minutes and me finally saying we can try to do this tomorrow and that I don't have to choose to watch her do nothing, she wrote her name. When I tried to help her make her y's correctly (they are a little off) she told me I was wrong and that is not how you do a y. We did 4 pages and 3 of them included some type of heated discussion. (I did stay calm. She became heated.)
So what does Kelsey do when Macy is at school. Today she played legos and then joined me while I did work on the computer. It was in the computer room that she got revenge, but on the wrong person. When Kelsey was a baby Macy drew on her several times when mom wasn't paying attention. Today Braden had foam stickers all up and down his arms. She had matching ones on her arms. She took them off before I could get a picture but did forget one. Please don't show this picture to the pediatrician because we just had the choking discussion at the last visit.

2 comments:
Look at how grown up Macy looks! We miss her and thought a ton about her when we went to meet the teacher night with Madison.
Our adventure starts on Monday and while excited, the anxiety for me is building. And she's only going half day!!!
LOL!!! That was hilarious! For a minute, I thought there really was another Elodie up in Utah (Olivia met one at Nationals in Florida last June), but then I kept reading and figured out that Macy is just being herself. Her stories crack me up. How fun! And by the way, NONE of my kids ever remember the "kiss mom goodbye" part of school. Sigh.
Post a Comment