Another fun week has gone by. July 3 the kids and I went for a picnic up the canyon with a friend/Brian's cousin. It was a lot of fun. Her husband was off work so he was there too and took the kids climbing and into a cave. He has a bunch of head lights (don't now the technical name). He set them to flash and hid them in the cave. The kids then had to find them. They loved it. Brian had the day off too, but he went horseback riding with his grandpa and brother instead.

We had a great 4
th of July. We bought Macy a new bigger bike and I did some swimsuit shopping (this has been an experience that I won't ever have time to write about but if I talk to you I am sure you will hear about it). The bike thing was almost a fiasco because Kelsey was sad because she didn't get to buy anything so we were going to get her a pack of gum. Then Macy was upset and wanted to trade in her bike for a pack of gum. Monday I put Macy's bike together and put the training wheels back on the old one for Kelsey. I now have two bike riding fools and Kelsey never seemed to enjoy it before. We bought helmets from a local law firm that sells them for a discount and they are very good about wearing them.
Back to the fourth. We came home and had a BBQ with the neighbors and lite off our own fireworks. The idea was so we wouldn't out too late because the next day was another big event. We still didn't come in until late.
On Sunday we blessed Braden. Some family members had been giving us a hard time because we hadn't blessed Braden so we finally got around to it. In my church babies and young children are given a blessing through the priesthood. In this blessing the child is given the name that will be on church records. On the way to the church Macy says "finally Braden is going to have a number".
It was beautiful weather and we had a dinner afterwards on Carol and Alan's back patio. I finally had enough people over to justify getting Costco's chocolate layer cake. That made my day.

Here he is hanging out with his cousin
Makalah.

Here he is with his
grandparents.

Here is four generations.

And here he is being loved by his great-grandmas.

Another big event happened on Sunday morning. Macy lost her first tooth. I was getting ready for church and she came to me and said her tooth came out. It was loose and so I thought Brian pulled it our for her. I was wrong. She did it all by herself and there were no tears. Of course it had to be her idea. I am sure that if we had tried to coax her into pulling it she would never have done it. The tooth fairy came that night and left her a dollar.

This past week we went swimming at my grandma's pool. Macy is still a fish and had a great time with Grandma Bonnie. I think we will be out there a whole lot more.
3 comments:
Braden is such a cutie! What a great weekend for you and your family!
Macy lost a tooth! That's crazy!!!! And the fact that she pulled it out all by herself! That's one thing I dread!
And I've never gotten the chocolate cake from costco but have heard great things about it! I'm with you- you have to have a big crowd to eat it all so there aren't any leftovers!
Beautiful pictures of your family! Congragulations to Macy on a lost tooth. Meagan couldn't remember getting a dollar. Her bros. set her straight. :)
It is hotter than the devil in Arizona today. You are lucky to be in the cool.
Post a Comment