Thursday, July 24, 2008

One Busy Summer

I am now so far behind on documenting our adventures that I was dreading this day. But since I am still on vacation I am going to try to make it short and sweet. Besides I am having to type this on a laptop and I hate typing on a laptop. Give me a regular keyboard and I am happy.

Back to our life. The summer craziness actually began with Trek and has not stopped since. 4 days after our California trip we packed up again. This time we went to cool off over the fourth of July. Last years 113 degrees at 10:30 PM was too much so we went camping at a place called Big Lake in the White Mountains. The area was so beautiful and green. It reminded both Brian and I of Yellowstone. We purchased a larger tent because we did not want to repeat last years camping mishap. The tent was a wonderful 2 room mansion. We tried to use our aerobed but I forgot the inverter for the car so we still had to use the old air mattress. The air pump couldn't finish the job so I had to blow up the last little bit every evening and every morning we would wake up closer to the ground.

We spent the Fourth of July playing in a small town called Eager. We went to their parade where Macy gathered lots of candy and I got choked up when army helicopters flew over head. We went to watch fireworks at a nearby lake. The firework show was amazing. It was one of the best I have seen and it was sponsored by small towns.

We had rain every evening. We roasted marshmallows and scouted for animals. Macy said she loved the vaulted toilets and wanted one at home. The girls loved playing outside and inside the tent. I will have to post pictures when I get home to my computer.

After camping we came home and 2 days later my mom flew out so I could go to girls camp with the young women of my church. Here I had a lot of fun. We went on a fun hike. I didn't have to stay up all night. I laughed so hard at a game called Mormon Mouthful. I got my chocolate fix from the kitchen staff who keeps a stash specifically for the leaders and all you have to do is ask. There was a big water fight even though the temperatures were cool because of rain. With all the fun there were still moments of great spiritual learning and uplifting moments. The stake and our ward camp director did a wonderful job.

After I got home, I took a couple of days to get settled and cleaned up (and also have a seal replaced in the pool pump). Then my mom, the girls and I made the long trek up to Utah for our annual summer visit. Brian had to stay home so we can pay the bills. Here we remain just playing and enjoying the good life. Our adventures of this trip will have to come in a different post.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! I was just thinking last night that you hadn't posted forever, now I know why. Sounds like a lot of fun trips. Have fun in Utah--I wish you were going to be there for the reunion!

Nikole said...

Wow! You've been busy. All your adventures sound great. I haven't gone anywhere this summer!

Meg said...

That is great that you went to Eager. Ben's family has a reunion down there every other year. Five generations put on their kilts and march in the parade. This was the first year we did not go because of the baby! What a small world.