Thursday, January 24, 2008

Favorite items of the Day

Kelsey has fallen in love with the chapstick her sister bought. Luckily Macy has been nice enough to give it to her. She carries it with her all the time. I believe she puts it on every 5 seconds. Lately she has been putting it all over her face and hands. The kid smells like bubblegum chapstick which is not so bad until you give her a kiss or hold her hand. You are then left with greasy goup all over you.

Macy's true love is money. Monday we started giving her an allowance. She gets a dollar a week for being a part of our family. But as part of our family she is to do some chores so I made a chart. She is to help make her bed, help with the dinner dishes and help pick up toys. Several friends of ours have taken a class called Love and Logic and this is one of the things taught and that they loved. Whenever the kids go shopping with the parents they are told to bring their money. Then when they ask to buy something the parents ask if they have any money. I thought this was brilliant since Macy wants everything in sight. She doesn't really understand the whole concept but my hope is that this will point her in the right direction with patience and money management.

Back to her love and misunderstanding, she now asks for a dollar every time she cleans. She sleeps with her dollar and in a book called The First of Octember it talks of the money coming down and she keeps asking if she can grab the money when it comes.

The other favorite items are hand-me down clothing from their cousins. The girls received cute new clothes for Christmas but they always want to wear the "Jensen" or "Kennedy" shirt. Every shirt Kelsey puts on she grabs it and asks "Jensen shirt?" It is actually kind of maddening. I spent money on new clothes and they refuse to wear them. I should get over it, but they received really cute clothes. Actually I hid some of the clothes for Macy to try to get her to wear other things.

1 comment:

Kenningtons said...

how funny!! I LOVE love and logic!! I think it is hilarious that macy sleeps with her money!! we look forward to kelsey and macy stories. cute kids!!